Κυριακή 30 Μαΐου 2010

Kim-Long




International cuisine in our city is a little under developed. After the closing down of Can-Ton, Kim long is the only purely Chinese restaurant in town which stays open throughout the year. For that matter its very strange how come there are no Indian restaurants in Rethymno with all that Indian community which resides permantly here but that's another story.



Kim-Long is found in the beach-side avenue, away from the center of the town and near to the Europa Center. Its a family business with over 60 recipies! With beutifull sea-side view and a little too-cliche “chinese restaurantish” deco. In the winter its serving only in the evenings and in the summer its also serving lunch.



First time I went was a few years ago and I must confess that I wasnt won over, basically because the sauces were very watery. I did however decide to give it a chance and there I was together with my company.



Personally I was very pleased with the starters! I am able to go back there just to eat them! Spring rolls, shao mai dumplings and sea food and cheese. As for main dishes we ordered chicken with casius peanuts , chicken with black beans and chicken with ginger. I can say the eventhough the sauce still remained a bit watery is definetely improved.



All in all it was a pleasant break and I will go again soon!

By the way, don't forget to check the location in our map on the bottom of the page as always!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Where-How?


View Rethymno hang outs in a larger map