Σάββατο 13 Μαρτίου 2010

Stella's kitchen

When somebody who has never visited my country, asks me about where to eat, I always answer to him that he should check out one thing, who is that who is eating inside there. If you see professional drivers and students eating then you can be sure about your choice. The two categories of people that want to eat the food they would eat at home, if they had the chance.

Stella's kitchen has a daily menu, but the few times I went, I didn't notice any surprises. Traditional Greek eatery (even though not what you would find in a usual tourist-tavern like moussaka and kleftiko) nicely cooked, with fresh materials, that is good both for a small group or a lonely and quick meal.
The tavern (?) is found in the beginning of Souliou street (check the map)
which is in my opinion the cozy-est street in Rethimno, in a small shop, full of students eating their lunch, regardless of the time of the day! So it might be necessary to wait a little. I usually list what we ordered, but I don't think it is necessary in this case, just a place that's worth visiting.

1 σχόλιο:

  1. I know that you wrote this ages ago, but I was just thinking about Stella's Kitchen and I Googled it to see what I could find. Stella is a fabulous cook! When we were there, we had something she called a Cretan omelette, which was wonderful layers of fresh vegetables, eggs, and cheese, plus stuffed zucchini blossoms. Everything was delicious, and she was so charming. She told us that her food was good because she made it with love! I hope I can get back there soon.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Where-How?


View Rethymno hang outs in a larger map